2016 will be the Year of the Brand – a year where familiar and trusted brands have the ability to stand out in a world of sensory overload. Finding unique characteristics could help brands distinguish themselves among the competition.
Take a look at 4 marketing trends that will help brands distinguish themselves in 2016!
13. LOCATION-BASED MARKETING CONTINUES TO RISE
• Location-based services are expected to bring in $10 billion in revenue – 50% will come from location based search advertising1
• Data provides greater precision in targeting, more accurate tracking and insights for optimization
• Interacting at the right place/time with value, affects purchase decisions and fosters brand advocacy
14. ONLINE ADVERTISING WILL SHIFT EVEN MORE TO MOBILE
• 58% of B2B companies use search engine marketing for paid advertising and only 34% use native advertising2
• Internet ads are expected to grow by 10% globally3
• Mobile ads are expected to grow by 45%3
15. STORYTELLING = STORYSELLING
• Visual storytelling will be vital to content marketing success
• The average human attention span in 2015 is 8.25 seconds4
• Slideshare and other visual presentation programs provide a visual/interactive way
• With the rising of social live feeds, real-time storytelling will increase
• Infographics are here to stay to provide complicated information in a visually
16. STANDING OUT IS HOW BRANDS WILL COMPETE
• The competitive landscape is making it challenging to stand out in the marketplace
• The New York Times estimated that a person living 30 years ago saw up to 2,000 ad messages a day, compared to over 5,000 seen today
• To stand out, your brand needs to be more of what makes you who you are
• Identifying the elements of your distinct advantage and understanding how your brand is perceived will give a clear picture of the opportunities ahead of you
To get the full list, download our infographic – 16 Marketing Trends for 2016
If you missed the other marketing trends, check out our blog series “16 Marketing Trends for 2016”.
1 EMarketer. “2 Billion Consumers Worldwide to Get Smart(phones) by 2016” EMarketer. 11 December 2014. Web. 1 October 2015
2 Pulizzi, Joe. “What Effective B2B Marketing Looks Like [New Research]”. Content Marketing Institute. n.d. Web. 1 October 2015.
3 Wells, David. “10 Online Marketing Trends & Predictions for 2015”. InboundNow.com. n.d. Web. 1 October 2015.
4 Huffington Post. “Visual Storytelling: The Big Trend for SXSW 2016”. Huffington Post. 26 August 2015. Web. 1 October 2015.